Sunday, February 28, 2016

Journal Entry 2/28/16

It is really hard to believe that two full months have passed since I decided to start up again. I set forth specific resolutions and for the most part have stayed true to them. Sure there have been slips here and there, but I end up catching myself and getting back on the correct path.

2016 has been more challenging than I would have liked, but I am trying to be like one of those waves in the ocean and just roll with it.

Positive things that have/are happening:

I am really enjoying blogging again - not really caring if it makes sense to anyone other than myself. I realize I have lost a lot of followers, but the most important ones are still here!

I am making a concerted effort to cultivate my friendships - not letting time go by without communicating. I have VERY few Close Friends and I really want those relationships to be special. In that way 2016 has been off to a great start! (Who knows.... I might actually get to Texas!)

I have been spoiling myself more and worrying about money less.
I'm doing things that makes sense to me even if they don't make sense to those who are STILL residing in my home!

I have never been religious, but I have always loved the idea of lent.

I am giving up:  Self Doubt, Pettiness and grocery shopping!

Have a great week!

6 comments:

  1. I'm happy that you are enjoying blogging again. I tell myself all the time that it's doesn't matter what others think but that it's supposed to be for me first and for others second. Not always easy... And friends are so important. I know I could do better do stay in touch with those that matter but lately, I've just been wanting to hibernate and not deal with anyone or anything. It's been so busy and stressful at work that all I want is to go home and be with my family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can completely relate to that one Susi - just take your time -

      Delete
  2. Brenda, glad you are back and enjoying blogging again. I wonder if any of us really have very many really close friends. My best buddy lives with me, and i know he is the one person I can really count on. Everyone has busy lives. But I have found that friends are always glad to hear from you. Hang in there. Giving up grocery shopping? Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They say acquaintances are a dime a dozen and friends you can count on one hand.
      I find that to be very true!

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful uplifting post! I could pretty much say ditto to everything on your post except kids in the house, though I must admit the feeding of four furkids can be pretty big bite out of the food budget, and then they STILL expect to sample/eat/grab what's on my plate as well!! :-) I am working harder on my very few precious friendships too, and I am so enjoying mine with you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to have you back, and to see you writing for YOU - for the sheer enjoyment of it. I found a huge difference when I switched gears and stopped worrying about followers and stats. Like you say: I have a lot of important ones!! xx
    I would like to give up grocery shopping too! Our store actually does have a delivery program, but honestly, I am home all day - how lazy do I have to be to not be able to get to the store? LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know you were here