Thursday, March 26, 2015

What club are you in?

 photo image13_zps64a48e1e.png


Time to Ponder yet again.  You know the drill... I post a prompt that has multiple meanings and we get see what you write! Add you post to the linky and wait for the magic!!


(If you want to send me words that you would like us all to ponder - please feel free to do so!)

Today's word is Club you can always grab the prompt early by visiting the Pondering Page


I always wanted to be a part of a club that meant something....didn't happen.
When I was in 2nd grade I became a Blue Bird which in turn became a Camp Fire Girl.....have you ever heard of this club?  Didn't think so..... but you have heard of the Girl Scouts....wrong club for me!!!

Then I joined an organization called BBYO --- ever heard of it... didn't think so!

I guess I always joined the wrong club....

But that is not to say that I never went clubbing (well, actually, I never did! the bar scene was never really for me.)

But the real reason I came up with this word was because of all the police brutality that is occuring all over the US ---what with billy clubs (excuse me??) and Tasers and Shootings.. that is one club I don't want to be a part of.


Please let me know what you think of this diverse word and link up.

Happy Pondering!


3 comments:

  1. BBYO? -- I have to look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing that you do a lot of volunteering and mentoring in the BBYO, good for you. Brenda, I currently belong to a book club that is really frustrating me, so I may start a new one. Half the folks don't read the book and come for snacks and wine. Then those of us who have read the story have to tell them what it's about. I'm dropping out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been in many clubs!! Sports, book, drama, music. I even was in Amnesty International Club when I was in high school. In university there was actually a club called the Water Buffalos and we had the blue fuzzy hats like Flintstones. it was awesome... they did the best things. One time we rented out the university pool for swimming and when everyone showed up, they actually had set up a big movie screen and played the movie Jaws; while we all floated around on the water! freaky. we did do charity with local kids groups too. it really was the best.

    I still had time to do lots of clubbing too. Dancing was my exercise back then.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know you were here